…and right now, I’m experiencing a season of change…positive changes. 🙂
The past month has been a transition as I’ve changed jobs and enjoyed a new way of life, thanks to my new job.
If you have never had a long commute to work, this might be difficult to understand, but going from about 2 1/2 hours driving to and from work to a nice easy 12 minute (5 blocks) walk to work is a mind blowing change. I definitely consider it an upgrade to my quality of life.
I have given myself time to think about my blog and what I want it to look like. I’ve been inspired by some really fabulous blogs to rethink the way I do things and how I want to represent myself.
With this extra time and different way of life, I’ve changed some of the way I do things and I want this blog to reflect that. There was a time several months ago when I wanted to change my blog format and even discussed it here, briefly. But before long it was like…
this is what I ate, this is what I ate, this is what, this is what, this is what I ate…(sung to the tune of This is Why I’m Hot) 😉
…all over again.
Don’t get me wrong, I like to share what I’m eating. Food is a big big part of my life.
But, it’s not everything. I feel like I’ve kind of pigeonholed myself, so when I feel uninspired to cook or write about what I’m eating, I get a little bored with blogging. Don’t you get a little bored reading?
So what can you expect from all this? What will FoodieFresh blog posts include with this change?
– Recipes of things I made and loved: Afterall, blogging about food was my first love. Food porn will always be a staple here.
– Tales of meals I really enjoyed: If there’s one thing I love as much as creating a delicious meal, it’s enjoying a delicious meal; even if I didn’t cook it myself.
– Things I’m loving: Which include, but are not limited to, beauty products, food products, music, books, other blogs, etc. I don’t really want to limit myself here but I have found the best stuff through other people and blogs. Word of mouth is the way to go and I want to share my great finds with readers as well. Why should I be the only one enjoying these great things?
– Things I’m wearing: There are fashionable girls and there are girls with their own style. I definitely fall into the latter category. You won’t see me wearing anything resembling fashion off the runway and I only wear things considered “in fashion” if I really really like it. My style is a bit eclectic and a bit retro. Maybe it’s the onset of spring or maybe it’s the fact that I walk to work everyday with ladies who “dress” for work…but I’m loving getting dressed every day.
Other things that might pop up:
– Book reviews: I have found myself swooning over books with friends lately and I need somewhere else to do this or they’re going to stop talking to me for fear of getting homework
– General thoughts and musings: the basic premise of all blogs
– Trips, travels, and the like
– Fun events I go to in Charlotte and wherever else I find myself
– House renovations and eventually decorating (this has been such a slow process but I promise to update you guys on this once adequate progress is made)
– Anything that pops up in my head or my life that I feel like sharing
– Fitness…more on this later
What you won’t see…
– 100% journal style postings
– Meals that are less than amazing
– Posts written just for the sake of writing posts
So, what do yout think? Please share! I would love to know your thoughts. Am I leaving anything out you want me to cover? Do some of these things not interest you at all?
I can’t promise to taylor my writing to all of my readers. I kind of adhere to the school of thought that the blog comes first and then the readers follow so if I lose readers because of a style and format change in my blogging, I will pick other readers up who didn’t enjoy what I was writing about before the change, but appreciates the new format.
I love hearing your opinions, positive or negative, so let’s hear ’em!