What’s that in my oatmeal this morning?
Fresh ground black pepper?
That’s what I wondered too, the first time I saw this ingredient on other bloggers’ morning oatmeal. But it’s none of the above. So what is it?
I finally jumped on the chia seed bandwagon, probably about three months late. Better late than never right?
I thought the chia seeds would be chewy, but I barely noticed they were there.
So why chia seeds?
– They’re full of fiber
– They have more omega 3’s than salmon
– They’re easier to digest than flax seed and they don’t need to be ground
– Studies suggest that they help control blood sugar
…and yes, these are the same chia seeds that can grow you your very own chia pet. 😉
Besides the 1/2 tsp. of chia seeds (I’m going for a full teaspoon next time!), my breakfast bowl contained:
– 1/3 cup of Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain Cereal
– 1/3 cup almond milk
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/4 cup 2% reduced sodium cottage cheese
– hand full of organic blueberries
– 1 Tbsp. of superfruit jam
– 1 Tbsp. of raw almond coconut butter
On the agenda for today:
– Hot yoga
– Home for a quick dinner with Brad
– REI to look at pedestrian bikes for both Brad and I
Only one more day to enter my Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil Hair Treatment giveaway!