If you follow me on Facebook, you already know that I’m home sick today. Blah.
I posted a 5 am breakfast on my wall after being up since 2 am with a sinus headache, then a green monster so I could drink my vegetables. These are the mundane details of my life that you miss, if you don’t follow me on Facebook. 😉
Because I’ve been sick today and was utterly exhausted last night, I do not have any recipes to share with you this evening, but I do have good news for those of you who have specific dietary needs, like if you’re vegan or gluten-free.
Most of my recipes have now been categorized to show their dietary specifications.
By hovering over any of my recipes, a small text box will appear, below the recipe, that lists the dietary specifications of each recipe.
The categories so far are:
– Gluten Free
– Dairy Free
– Useful Leftovers
However, if there are other categories that you would find helpful, I’m open to adding them as well. I thought this would be a good way to help some of you who have specific dietary restrictions.
Some things to note:
- I don’t tag recipes using oatmeal as gluten free, even those they’re easily made gluten free by using GF oatmeal.
- I don’t tag smoothies as vegan, even though by using vegan protein, you can easily make any of my smoothie recipes vegan.
- You should always check the labels of the ingredients you use, especially if you’re gluten free. My ingredients might be GF, but if you buy a different brand, it might not be.
- I often use yogurt as a condiment (like to top soup), but I’ll list the soup as vegan because the yogurt is a topping and not truly part of the recipe.
- Some of my old recipes aren’t categorized. I’m working on getting rid of some them and re-making others to make them more “user friendly” and improving the photographs.
My main mission on this blog isn’t to impress you with my culinary skills. There are way more talented people out there if you’re looking for that kind of thing.
My main mission is to spread the word that…
Eating healthy and cooking with whole foods is so incredibly simple and easy.
That’s all I want you guys to know.
And if I can ever make it a little easier for you to find a recipe that is both healthy and delicious and fits in with your eating lifestyle, then I’ll definitely do what I can.
I’m constantly trying to improve Foodie Fresh because I want to keep you guys as readers and create content that is interesting and useful to you. There’s a fine line when blogging between giving readers what they want and staying true to your style and voice as a writer.
I would love to get some feedback from you to continue to improve. Pretty, pretty please take my very short 9 question completely anonymous survey with an option to ask me anything at the end (yes, anything!).
Take the survey here.